When Jim, of Jim’s Japan, first contacted me, the Jim’s Japan website was hosted using Google Sites. It was easy for Jim to create and update but didn’t have all the features he needed, such as in-depth design options and booking systems.
I suggested the move to WordPress, which would still keep the administration easy, but allow us to design all the visual aspects and features Jim needed. For example, exciting full-screen slideshow images featured on the home page, which link through to short feature articles on places and attractions in Japan.
We were also able to set up individual trip pages, complete with interactive maps, downloadable brochures, and a more automated booking system.
Having this website has allowed Jim to point interested travellers to the source of the information for the tours, and know they are able to download sample itineraries, explore locations, and book tours with him.
Jim also commissioned an illustration, based on a manga image he’d found, with some of his features (like curly hair!). I found an illustrator who specialises in manga drawing and we ended up with this amazing character!
The Grazing Elk has helped Jim’s Japan to:
- Take bookings for tours online
- Show potential customers tour plans
- Add people to the Jim’s Japan newsletter list
- Create a website that shows the flavour and personality of the tours
- Brand the tours in a friendly, welcoming way
- Create custom t-shirts and merchandise for tour guests and supporters